Request for legal assistance — Economic justice

Please read the types of cases SPLC handles before completing the form below.

SPLC does not manage questions regarding the following:

  • Criminal cases
  • Complaint against a person’s lawyer
  • Criminal conviction or conviction appeals
  • Domestic matters (domestic violence, divorce, child custody, visitation, wills, family law matters)
  • Denial of benefits, such as workers’ compensation, unemployment or social security benefits
  • Landlord/tenant or housing disputes (unless it’s LGBT discrimination)
  • Ownership of heirs, inheritance or tax issues
  • Medical malpractice, elder abuse
  • Labor litigation and unfair dismissals (except in cases of LGBT discrimination)

Because SPLC is not a general legal service or legal aid organization, we generally do not accept individual legal cases. We don’t have the legal staff to investigate, conduct legal research, or provide advice or representation concerning individual legal cases.

Contacting the SPLC to describe your concern does not mean that SPLC attorneys can, will, or do represent you, and contacting the SPLC does not prevent the deadlines from running. The SPLC cannot advise you on the time limits applicable to your particular situation.

To ensure that your rights are protected, you may need to consult a lawyer promptly to find out what time limits may apply in your case. Again, please see the list of potential resources.

We will review your request for assistance, but due to the large number of requests we receive, legal staff will NOT be able to respond personally to each request received.

We will contact you with specific questions if we need additional information or are able to assist you; otherwise please assume that unfortunately we will not be able to provide you with any assistance

If you believe your legal issue falls within the work of one of our practice areas, please complete the form below.

Comments are closed.