Register for the 4th Annual Conference of the Alternative Finance Bar Association
Jhe fourth annual conference of the Alternative Finance Bar Association is BACK IN PERSON. This is the unmissable event for and with the leading lawyers in the industry.
Mark your calendars for June 15-16 in New York and register by emailing Lindsey Rohan at [email protected] Registration is subject to approval and space availability.
The two-day program includes the following panels:
The state of the industry: Industry experts discuss pending legislation, case law and market barriers. They have both a regulatory panel ready to discuss what’s new in Virginia, Utah, New York and California, as well as a courtroom panel ready to discuss winning and losing case law that has come out. Last year.
Bankruptcy: Following Chicago vs. FultonIn re Shoot the Moon and other pivotal bankruptcy cases shaping industry practice.
Ethics: The challenges faced by in-house counsel and ways to manage these pressures.
Collections: Trends in the post-COJ, post-COVID era.
Employment/Labour Law: The increase in the use of labor outside the United States What challenges arise from the presence of call centers outside the United States Tax implications, monitoring and practical advantages/disadvantages. Implications of post-COVID remote work. What you need to be aware of to avoid creating liabilities.
The art of arbitration: The importance of a carefully drafted arbitration clause and the advantages/disadvantages of this venue.
Thinking about the future : What technologies and what market conditions will shape the future of the industry. A broad discussion of Blockchain technology, CRM systems, cannabis and whatnot we can imagine will shape the future of alternative finance.
WEDNESDAY CONFERENCE: David Picon, Esq. – It is with great pride that David Picon of Proskauer Rose will be the keynote speaker. For years, the AFBA has admired his work from afar. Attendees now have the opportunity to learn directly from David what makes an unstoppable litigator.
SPECIAL THURSDAY EVENT: AFBA Game Show Mash-Up with the industry’s legendary lawyers. Special guests not to be missed!
- Andrew Smith, Covington & Burlington LLP
- Brian Simon, Hollis Public Affairs
- Jamie Polon, Mavrides Moyal Packman & Sadkin, LLP
- Patrick Siegfried, Rapid Finance
- Natalie Pappas, Rapid Finance
- Keith Ellis, Expansion Capital Group
- Kate Fisher, Hudson Cook LLP
- Cathy Brennan, Hudson Cook LLP
- Blake Sims, Hudson Cook LLP
- Steve Denis, Small Business Finance Association
- Christopher R. Murray, Murray Legal LLC
- Mark Stout, Padfield and Stout
- Shanna Kaminski, Kaminski Law Group
- Michael W. Davis, DTO Law
- John Viskocil, Fora Financial
- Gabriel Mendelberg, PC Mendelberg
- Anthony F. Giuliano, Giuliano Law PC
- Jeffrey S. Cianciulli, Weir Greenblatt Pierce LLP
- David Picon, Proskauer Rose
- Jonathan Nelson, Dedicated Financial GBC
- Lindsey Rohan, BasePoint Capital LLC
- Christina Grigorian, Katten; Zach Miller, smudge and foreman
- Renata Buhkman, Delta Bridge Funding
- vanessa petty, settle
- Alexis Shapiro, term financing
- Jan Owens, Manatt Phelps
- Scott Pearson, Manatt Phelps
- Jesse Michael Carlson, Kapitus
- Robert Zadek, Buchalter
Day 1 – June 15
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Proskauer Rose Offices (includes light breakfast and lunch)
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Cocktails at Cher Irving
Day 2 – June 16
9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.: 15 W. 38th Street, 2nd Fl, Sinatra Room (includes light breakfast and lunch)
4:00 p.m.: Wines & Cheeses
Register quickly, SPACE IS LIMITED!
unbanked is a sponsor of the event. Industry lawyers are strongly encouraged to attend.
Last modification : May 12, 2022